What Do Environmental Health Professionals and Epidemiologists Do?

Environmental Health Professionals work to improve health by identifying, tracking and addressing environmental risk factors. Most environmental health professionals will specialize in a particular area of the field. Areas are things such as reducing air, water soil, noise, or radiation pollution. These are all things that affect the health of the overall public.
Epidemiologists are those who investigate patterns and causes of diseased and injury in humans. They seek to reduce the risk and occurrence of negative health outcomes through research, community education, and health policy.

Comments

  1. I found this very interesting. I had no idea what either of these professionals did. Are you planning on being one of these in the future? I think that we as physical educators could probably implicate some of these teachings into our teachings. Or at least do some research to broaden our knowledge and get a better grasp on how to better our society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An Environmental Health Professional sounds highly interesting. They must work well with Environmental Geoscientists. These individuals also look into the same areas. And an epidemiologist is just as interesting. I think these health professionals are some of the most important people in the modern workforce. Without this intelligence, we would live in an extremely different world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading through your blog! Learning about different health professionals is something everyone in the fitness/health world should do in order to be better educated for their clients. The Epidemiologist is very interesting to me as I love learning about diseases and cause of injuries in the population. I feel if we did not have these health professions in the world it would be a whole different world!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What do Health Service Administrators Do?

What Exactly is Public Health?